PAYROLL ACCOUNT SPECIALIST
Job Category: Payroll Staff
DM Payroll Solutions is seeking a full-time Payroll Account Specialist to work in our customer service department at our Troy, Michigan headquarters. The responsibilities involve providing customer support to our current client base through issue resolution, payroll entry, tax filing, and new client setup. Your interaction will be with our clients’ Controllers, Accounting Managers, CPAs, Payroll Managers and/or Payroll Clerks. Your analytical, problem solving and interpersonal communication skills will be used to resolve issues. If you seek the satisfaction of challenges that require you to troubleshoot and solve accounting related issues, then this position is for you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business required
- This is a great opportunity for someone who currently works in the banking industry!
- 1-2 years accounting experience in a service-related industry (i.e., banking, mortgage/lending, etc.)
- Strong mathematical competency including ability to understand percentages, balances, and calculations
- Exceptional time management and follow up skills required – ability to work under pressure & prioritize work load
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive results with professionalism and a strong focus on client satisfaction
- Must be able to keep up with the flow of a busy customer service department and be a team player while managing multiple tasks efficiently
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Payroll and customer service experience preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Willingness to work overtime as needed to ensure timely handling of customer requests
Benefits & Compensation
- Full Time Position with Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, Accrued Extended Illness Time, Identity Theft Coverage
- Eligible for our 401k and Profit-Sharing Programs
- Paid Vacation, PTO and Holiday Time
DM Payroll Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or any other status protected by law.
To apply, please email your resume to Ms. Jacqueline Elkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.